To Register a Complaints :
Person with Disability may submit/file a complaint in the office of the State Commissioner on plain paper along with disability certificate and supporting documents as mentioned in Rule 45 of the West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999 by post or by hand.
Rule 45 - Procedure to be followed by Commissioner –
- A complaint containing the following particulars shall be presented by the complainant in person or by his agent to the Commissioner of persons with disabilities or be sent by registered post addressed to the commissioner :-
- The name, description and the address of the complainant ;
- The name, description and the address of the opposite party or parties, as the case may be, so far as they can be ascertained ;
- The facts relating to complaint and when and where if arose ;
- Documents in support of the allegations contained in the complaint ;
- The relief which the complainant claims.
- The Commissioner on receipt of a complaint shall refer a copy of the complaint to the opposite party / parties mentioned in the complaint directing him to give his version of the case within a period of thirty days or such extended period not exceeding fifteen days as may be granted by the Commissioner.
- On the date of hearing or any other date to which hearing could be adjourned, it shall be obligatory on the parties or their agents to appear before the Commissioner.
- Where the complainant or his agent fails to appear before the Commissioner on such days, the Commissioner may in his discretion either dismiss the complaint on default or decide on merits.
- Where the opposite party or his agent fails to appear on the date of hearing, the Commissioner may take such necessary action under section 63 of the Act as he deems fit for summoning and enforcing the attendance of the opposite party.
- The Commissioner may dispose of the complaint ex party, if necessary.
- The Commissioner may on such terms as he deems fit and at any stage of the proceedings, adjourn the hearing of the complaint.
- The complaint shall be decided, as far as possible, within a period of three months from the date of notice received by the opposite party.
Who to approach :
State Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities, West Bengal
45, Ganesh Chandra Avnue, 3rd floor, Kolkata-700013
Telefax – 033 2237 4731 / 5379
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
How to approach :
One can approach to State Commissioner in one of the following ways:
- In Person
- Through a Representative
- Through Registered/Speed Post
- By E-mail
Oneneed to give certain details:
- Name, address & brief description of self and the nature of disability
- The name of the person (s) &organization(s) against whom you are making your complaint, together with their address & details, so far as they can be ascertained.
- The facts relating to the complaint
- What happened
- When it happened
- Where it happened
- What sort of relief you are claiming
Documentation to be submitted with the complaint -
Documents in support of the allegations contained in the complaint.
Enclose a copy of your Disability Certificate from a valid Medical Authority.